Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Dairy-Free Thanksgiving Menu

So, who's hosting Thanksgiving? For both sides of your family?

*Nowheymama shakily raises hand.*

Let's plan a menu so I can sleep at night. What do you say? And since my blog becomes less private every day--Family, this is what we're having for dinner.

Dairy-Free Thanksgiving Menu
Two turkeys, deep-fried by Scott and my Dad
Gravy, made by Dad, who substitutes dairy-free margarine for the butter, of course
Mom's stuffing, two batches
Scott's mashed potatoes
My brother-in-law Jarred's sweet potato casserole (Um. Please, Jarred?)
Peas
Green bean casserole
Salad
Rolls
Cranberries: cranberry jelly and the awesome cranberry orange relish made by our grocery store
Raspberry jello salad (my neighbor Tracy's recipe, made with frozen raspberries from the farmer's market)
Applesauce
Relish tray
Appetizers, if someone else wants to make them

Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie?

Cider
Soda
Water
Wine
Decaf coffee

I promise to post/link to more recipes ASAP. This is a 100% dairy-free Thanksgiving menu.

Oh-so-exciting family health update: Eli is recovering from the croup and an ear infection. I do not have gestational diabetes (told ya!) and am fine. The baby is growing and growing, which is great, but my dreams of an induction-free birth fade with every ounce she gains. Ah, well. And Katherine and Scott are just dandy. Wake up, I'm finished.

11 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday by far. Dairy or no, your post made my mouth water.

    And YAY for no diabetes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds wonderful! Do you have room at your table for another person?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy vay! This reminds me of last Christmas when I offered to host for our family of... 16? In my impossibly tiny house. Not any time soon again, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, why not? Come on over, MD.

    TFM - Since mom will probably be flying, I said I'd host, and... here we are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We already did Thanksgiving a month ago, but I'm looking forward to reliving it through all my American friends! Your menu looks great. I used to do the hosting thing a lot (I had the biggest house), but now my brother has a mansion (well, almost), so those days are over. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm new here but from one pregnant lady to another:
    YAY on the no diabetes and NO FAIR writing about fried turkey, gravy and mashed potatoes all together. It's a good thing I'm going grocery shopping today. Maybe we'll have a "pratice thanksgiving" this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bananafana - Welcome! And I like your practice Thanksgiving idea. The kids couldn't wait to try the raspberry salad recipe, so we're having it tonight with dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. I tagged you for a meme

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello.
    I access it with a Japanese from Japan.
    The English is studying, but is very particular.
    I am sudden, but may link?
    Thanking you in advance.
    Poor English,sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry.URL T was mistake.

    ReplyDelete