Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Super M@rio Party

The Super M@rio Br0s. Party was a success. Due to rainy, wet weather, it was much more subdued than past parties. The kids watched a movie while eating dairy-free popcorn and drinking water from their party favors: M@rio sports bottles. (I wanted to get favors they might actually use again.)

Then we ate dairy-free cake, opened gifts, and did some coloring pages and games I found online. I love you, Internets.

The long, painful, birthday pet search is finally at an end. It turns out that K. is mildly allergic to dogs, and so we didn't want to introduce yet another allergen into her environment. That being the case, I'd like you to meet:


Kevin the parakeet!

Kevin is named for the bird in UP, which is a movie you and your family should see if you haven't already. We don't know for sure if Kevin is a boy or a girl.

*MOVIE SPOILER ALERT*

But we figure we're covered, since the Kevin in the movie turns out to be female.

Time to work on more back-to-school stuff. I'll be posting some new product reviews this week in time for the start of school next week!

17 comments:

  1. What great ideas. It sounds like it was a smashing success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sports bottles for favors idea. I will have to "steal" that one for our next party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the cake and sports bottles.

    and congrats on Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute party pics!!! I love the reusable cup idea as a favor.

    Hi Kevin, nice to meet you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings, Mr. or Ms Kevin!

    The party sounds great. The sports bottles are a terrific party favor...so smart! Nice cake, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What would we do without the internet for birthday planning??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the party! Love the bird too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great party to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun party!! I think I know my next birthday theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great party! And the birthday party favor is a great idea -- these are the type of favors kids (and parents) love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad the party went well. Love the cake. Good favor idea. I too struggle to find useful inexpensive favors. Not always easy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative birthday party- I'm sure the kids loved it, rain and all! And I have always wanted a parakeet. He/She is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you really are a VERY cool mom. I LOVED Super Mario as a kid...my mom wouldn't let me play, though :-(

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are the best mom ever! I still can't believe Super Mario Bros are still around.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cake looks awesome and I love the water bottles! The boys want a pet too but we have a dog and cat allergy. Bird food usually contains wheat so I'm thinking fish. Maybe they can name it Nemo;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the water bottle idea! I am so glad to hear the Mario Brothers Word Search and Word Scramble were a hit - we love making them for kids everywhere to use!

    ReplyDelete