Friday, March 25, 2011

Updates

I'm making Mary Ostyn's Doro Wat (Ethiopian Chicken Stew) via Crockpot 365 for dinner tonight. Hopefully the hard-boiled eggs will sell the kids on it.

I cut Eli's hair! I even used two different clipper guards! And it looks decent! No, he would not let me get a photo!

Thank you so much for all of your haircutting tips; watching YouTube videos was critical to my success. I feel so empowered! Now if my own bangs would just hurry up and grow so I can stop holding them back with clips. I look like Elisabeth Shue in that movie about the autistic sister.

Image from jinni.com

All of this snow/rain/freeze/thaw mess is making everyone's roofs leak. Ours is leaking into Katherine's newly-painted room (NOOO!) and down a chimney into our linen closet. Nothing says fun like two tons of wet, moldy linens.

Eli had to take a sign of spring to school today. HAHAHAHA. Scott: "What did you send? Bird poop?" I sent a branch with very confused buds, thank you very much.

My parents lent me a copy of The Lincoln Lawyer. Where can I hide to read all weekend?

6 comments:

  1. ACK, leaks! Water leaks make me feel all krazy.

    Yay for successful clippers cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you took the plunge on home hair cutting! Now you can conquer the world!

    You are making me thankful for our Springtime. Nothing but poop to send to school? Jeez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued by the Ethiopian stew recipe. I like that there is a hard-boiled egg just hanging out in the bowl. One should really do that with more foods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching youtube videos to learn something new. I learned a lot of knitting stitches that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister also has mastered home hair cutting! I think this is a major accomplishment as I can't even trim my own hair, much less use an actual buzz cut thingy on someone else's. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If anyone ever asks me "Should I try bangs?" I always say NOOOOO! Don't do it! Because ultimately you will want to grow them out and I know from experience that it is hard! There are only so many clips/hairbands a person can wear.

    ReplyDelete