Thursday, March 01, 2007

One Banana, Two Banana...

What's your favorite way to use up really, really ripe bananas? We like muffins, and also:

Banana Fritters
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons flour
salt, optional

Mix ingredients together and drop by the spoonful into/onto a hot, greased skillet or griddle. Cook until browned on the first side, then flip and cook until browned. Make the fritters small, or they'll fall apart. Dust with cinnamon sugar or confectioner's sugar. Makes about 10 baby cakes.

Your turn. Keep in mind, I have seven bananas slowly rotting on my kitchen table.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! - well considering the fruit that I left out on the kitchen counter on Sunday is still mostly all there *sigh* - I may give those banana fritters a try. The way I use them up is to peel and the freeze them, and then use them in smoothies. You may be able to pull off a non-dairy milkshake with the addition of honey or other flavoring, and apple juice for the liquid. As far as additions go, the possibilities are nearly endless: berries, peeled, sliced, ripe juicy pears, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never remember to freeze bananas; I don't know why.

    Smoothies are a good idea, too. That might be a good way to play around with the powdered soy milk I just bought.

    Good luck plowing through your produce!

    ReplyDelete