Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Housekeeping

I am not dead. But I was on vacation and at a family wedding, so all that travel made wish I was. Nothing kicks 'my babies are growing up' mooniness to the curb like 40 hours together in a minivan.

I missed the chance to tell you about the Pittsburgh Pirates' first ever allergy awareness night, which was on August 10. They now have a peanut-controlled section. Go Bucs!

The FDA just approved the first talking epinephrine auto injector by Sanofi-US. It's called Auvi-Q, and the part I am super excited about is that it is the size and shape of a credit card and the thickness of a smart phone, which makes it way easier to carry in a pocket. Like, say, the jeans pocket of a teenager who doesn't want to be seen lugging a traditional EpiPen around. Awesome.



And! Mylan Specialty is offering a free EpiPen four pack to schools across the country through their EpiPen4Schools program. All this allergy-related news makes me feel hopeful, unlike the mountain of laundry in my basement.

7 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you! Yesterday I made a pretend cheese-like product out of cashews. It was okay. It was a recipe from my vegan friend who told me "It does not taste like cheese, but it tastes good". This is my new mantra. If I don't think about something as being cheese, then I can appreciate it for what it is. I guess even goat cheese is out for me since I had some and immediately got a headache, stomach cramps, and then my skin broke out. DAMMIT.

    How did I make this all about me? I don't know. Sorry about the 40 hours in a minivan. That really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully more places will follow suit - like for instance Delta. I sat next to a poor woman who used a dozen baby wipes on the chair, the tray , the arms before being able to let her little boy sit in his seat ... because of itty bags of peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh... I like that new epipen! I purchase purses based on how they fit inhalers and epipens, and this smaller size epipen would be very helpful. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow 40 hours!! Glad you are back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are back! And I hope you had a nice vacation. In case you missed it while you were away, my blog moved. Link attached. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those new epi pens look wonderful! Hopefully we won't ever need them again, but those will be great if we do! It's nice to have you back =)!

    ReplyDelete