Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday

  • I made slow cooker baked potato soup the other night, and it was so. good.  And it makes a ton.  I used 1 package of Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese and 1/2 a container of Tofutti Sour Supreme instead of the two packages of cream cheese the recipe calls for.
  • I had my yearly checkup with our GP yesterday.  Sitting in the exam room reading all of the posters about prostate cancer and COPD and gout always makes me feel young.  Plus, when I checked out, the receptionist said, "Let's see...Doctor wants to see you again in...a year!  Well!  Good for you!"  I'm a healthy young sprite who inherited freakishly low blood pressure. 
  • One of my friends has been Ebaying for years.  She's been selling some items for me, and I love it.  It is totally worth it to me to give her a Very Reasonable fee for taking the photos, listing the items, mailing them, etc.    Found money!
  • Kevin the parakeet was chirping away yesterday morning and Helen told him to be quiet.  She then turned to me and said, "I told Kevin to be quiet because he was beakin' at me."  Why yes, I will be adding 'beaking' to my vocab, thank you for asking.
  • I just started watching "Grimm" on Hulu, and I really like it.  Very Buffy-esque.  (More so than the show with Buffy actually on it.)
  • Graham is officially walking.  No more excuses: I have to go dig through the clothes closet and find him some shoes.  Send help if you don't hear from me soon.

9 comments:

  1. Love the "beaking" comment - so many uses come immediately to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parakeet's name is KEVIN? That's all kinds of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love Grimm. It's all kinds of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scooter just started walking tooo! I have millions of Robeez I saved from Jelly. Mostly because they cost a million bazillion dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am going to add beakin' to my vocabulary :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, all these walking babies. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love "beaking"!! Also love Grimm, on Hulu too of course since we killed our cable. You should try Once Upon a Time. It's so far not as good as Grimm but Alex can watch with me and was getting into it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ringer isn't so bad, give SMG a chance! Considering upgrading my crock pot just to make that soup.

    ReplyDelete