Friday, March 05, 2010

Gone All Day Stew

Here's what's for dinner:

Gone All Day Stew

1 cup pasta sauce or 1 can tomato soup + 1 T. Italian seasoning
1 cup water mixed with 1/4 c. flour till smooth
1-2 lbs. beef stew meat cubes
1/2 bag baby carrots or same amount of carrot chunks
1 large onion cut into eighths
4 medium potatoes cut into chunks
1/2 c. chopped celery
1 8 oz. container of mushrooms (I'm using canned today because that's what I have.)
2 dairy-free beef bouillon cubes
pepper to taste
1 bay leaf

Cook in a slow cooker on low all day or in a Dutch oven at 275 degrees for 4-5 hours. Five minutes before serving, add 3/4 c. frozen peas. A glug of red wine is good, too, if you have it. In the stew, I mean.

6 comments:

  1. Mmm, sounds good. I've made something similar before, and it was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the glug of red wine would be nice NOT in the stew, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds heavenly!! I love my slow cooker, couldn't live w/o it! It's what makes meals like this possible for me! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What brand of beef bouillon do you use?

    Thanks,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim,

    I use store brand, usually Flavorite. I have some Knorr vegetable cubes in the cupboard that are DF; check their beef ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the glug of red wine would be nice NOT in the stew, as well.
    home based data entry

    ReplyDelete