Friday, September 21, 2007

Poetry Friday

"September has come, it is hers
Whose vitality leaps in the autumn,
Whose nature prefers
Trees without leaves and a fire in the fire-place;
So I give her this month and the next
Though the whole of my year should be hers
who has rendered already
So many of its days intolerable or perplexed
But so many more so happy;
Who has left a scent on my life and left my walls
Dancing over and over with her shadow,
Whose hair is twined in all my waterfalls
And all of London littered with remembered
kisses."
--Louis MacNeice, from Autumn Journal

4 comments:

  1. Lovely poem! And I like the name of your blog. My husband can't do much dairy, either. And he grew up on a dairy farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like that one, too; I'd never read it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara - Thanks for letting me add my quarterly entry! ;)

    On a dairy farm?! My mom gets nervous when K. is around the cows at the county fair.

    ReplyDelete