Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Dairy-Free Gifts, Part One

Hey, if you're virtually throwing gifts (like cheap toys) in your Amazon gift sleigh and you're trying to make the total go over $25 so you can get free shipping and you need a gift for the dairy-free person in your life, have I got a recommendation for you.

TA DA!



Yes, Alisa's Go Dairy Free book is finally available on Amazon. And yes, a couple of my recipes and hints are in it. But that's not why you should buy it. You should buy it because it is an amazing resource book and cookbook all in one. Since it arrived in our house, it hasn't even made its way to the cookbook shelf because it's been in constant use. "We need a dairy-free cream cheese frosting recipe for Thanksgiving!"
"How do you make a dairy-free buttermilk substitute again?'
"What should we have for breakfast?"
"How about Banana Crumb Coffee Cake?"

I would also recommend it for the vegan in your life because while Alisa was developing dairy-free recipes, she went ahead and made a LOT of them vegan, too. 'Cause that's how she rolls.

Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living $19.95 on Amazon.com.


[Edited to add: I just noticed that Amazon is saying the book will ship in 3-5 weeks. What the heck, Amazon? So if you need it right this minute, go to godairyfree.org (where it is $19.99) and they will ship it to you at no extra cost. Or if you or your gift recipient has one of those fancy Kindle thingies, you can get it for that through Amazon for $9.99.]

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!

    It's nice to know I'm not the only one who tries desperately to get up to the free shipping level! haha I also would LOVE a fancy Kindle thingy.. but that'll have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received mine in the mail last week. I love it! I saw you on the back cover. :) I've already gotten some great info from it.

    ReplyDelete