Tuesday, December 02, 2008

That New Oven Smell

Our new oven is here and it is installed, thanks to the gas-line technician (our plumber), the electrician (my husband), and the nice delivery guys who left the new stove and then came back again to install it after the old one was disconnected. No thanks go to the unhelpful telephone support lady who tried to tell me that I didn't pay to have them remove the old stove and put in the new one and therefore owed Sears $100+. Sarah don't play that.

After heating up turkey soup for lunch, I baked Catherine Newman's Yamberry Muffins. Except I used leftover pumpkin pie filling instead of leftover sweet potatoes. (The pie filling was from the freezer. Calm down, Salmonella Police.) And I greatly altered the amounts of the other ingredients. Otherwise, they're the same muffins. Oh, how I've missed having a gas oven. Let the Christmas baking begin.

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations on the new oven. I remember when I was little and my mom got a self-cleaning oven for the first time. It was non-stop baking and broiling at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love a new oven. I still feel like mine is new, but the truth is we bought it new...only 7 1/2 years ago. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so excited for you and your new oven.

    (gosh, what a housewifey thing to say.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My aunt got a new oven, and since her old oven was still 15 years younger than ours, we upgraded. Yeah! (But I'm still jealous of your gas...stove that is.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have a new oven. At my previous apartment we had a new gas oven and it was wonderful, now I have an ancient one with three pilot lights. It is amazing how a good oven can make cooking and baking so much easier. I am jealous of your oven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay on your new oven. Just in time for holiday baking too. And I gave your blog an award- see my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't imagine cooking electric. Hooray for a fancy new stove!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss gas too. Had it when we lived in an apartment. When ours does die, we'll be doing propane since we don't have gas on our street. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete