Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Ratatouille

Hey, kids! This is just like what they eat in the movie! Now EAT YOUR VEGETABLES.

Ratatouille (adapted from the well-known cookbook, How I Feed My Family on $16 a Week, published in 1975)

1 small eggplant
4 small zucchini
1/4 cup olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 tomatoes, cut into eighths
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Peel (optional) and cube eggplant and zucchini and cook for 10 minutes in boiling water. Drain. In a large frying pan, heat the oil and cook the onion until it is golden brown.
Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for about twenty minutes over low heat, until tender.

This recipe freezes well.

4 comments:

  1. I love eggplant! Thanks for this recipe. I'll have to try it and see if the kids will eat this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had this. And I absolutely NEED a copy of that book. Of course, with inflation...

    Bah. Math.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm this sounds delicious! I'd probably be the ONLY one in my family who would eat it... but as long as it freezes well!!

    ReplyDelete