Saturday, January 31, 2009

Snow Party

If the weather outside is frightful (and one or more of your children have winter birthdays), throw a snow party! Have everyone bring a sandwich for lunch.
You provide:


Lots of hot cider and hot (soy) cocoa with marshmallows


Snacks/snowman materials


Your own personal snowman


Snow Paint
2-4 drops of food coloring mixed with water in a squeeze bottle
(I bought these ketchup and mustard containers on clearance at the grocery store.)


Frozen Picassos


Yellow snow paint = Questionable color choice?


Dairy-free mitten cookies to decorate


Look! It's a marshmallow 'snowball' on the cookie mitten!


Winter-themed treat bags



Now go inside and take a nap.

P.S. As of today, I have been blogging for two years. Crazy!

13 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! May there be many more!

    Thanks for this fantastic idea for a party! One of these days, when I feel brave of having everyone's wet things in the house, I will surprise my kids and their friends with this.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute idea..i love the mitten shaped cookies. and the nap at the end looks amazing. i haven't had a nap that good in like a decade!

    happy blogging anniversary.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HWM--Oh, nobody came inside. We had the neighbors over and sent them all home when the party was over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot cocoa! Thanks for the idea, I am going to make some now with that new coconut milk beverage.

    Happy Blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to get your sugar cookie recipe. I just haven't found a good one without milk and eggs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I want snow just to have a snow party! How fun! And happy bloggy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! You're such a "cool mom!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your snow party looks totally awesome. I would need a nap too, after all of that fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on 2 years. Snow party looks fun, kids would love it- of course we have a little problem. How about some snow here????? I can't believe so far here in NJ we've only gotten like an inch and it didn't last.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome idea. I'll have to give that a try. I'm hoping to get a big snow storm this week. I won't hold my breath, but I can dream. I'll have to get some marshmallows just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have to be the funnest mom ever! That looks like so much fun!

    Happy Blogiversary! My 2 year was sometime in January too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fantastic idea! Too bad we never get any snow...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy that looks fun! Of course, around here it's more like a winter barbecue party (I live in Southern California).

    ReplyDelete