Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day Activism

It's a Snow Day. Again. Actually, Ice Day is more accurate. If you're stuck at home like I am and you feel like, I don't know, writing a strongly-worded email or something, I have two topics to suggest:

1. The whole CPSIA thing. You can read more about it at Baby Boo Felt's blog, or at pretty much any other craft blog you follow. This is crap!

2. Disney's decision to stop publishing Wondertime, the only magazine I subscribe to and home to our own Catherine Newman. Also crap!


Then to cheer yourself up (sort of) you can enter the CPSIA giveaways at Swistle's blog. Me? I'm going to think happy thoughts about my friend/neighbor's pregnancy she just announced yesterday. This will bring our block's kid total to eighteen! Woot!

10 comments:

  1. It is snowing like crazy today (20-25cm forecasted) and STILL NO SNOW DAY! Gah! That CPSIA this is tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We NEVER have snow days, but we've had two this year because of dangerously low temperatures and/or ice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The CPSIA thing is so stupid. Can't they pass an exemption for small businesses? Argh.

    I LOVE Catherine Newman. I hope she starts writing somewhere else soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The CPSIA thing sucks. I wish they would think things through before passing them into law.

    And our ice day was called off as we didn't get much ice at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the CPSIA thing. It so irritates me. The government needs to just butt the heck out of our lives, let us decide for ourselves what to give to our kids and ourselves and leave us alone!!!

    Sorry about your internet - that is enough to drive anyone crazy. Glad it's working now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH NOES for Catherine Newman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found Catherine Newman yesterday thanks to you. I could spend ALL DAY over there (and very nearly did yesterday.) I better start printing before I lose my chance for a Baked Pancake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm hoping her column will stay up at FamilyFun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Family.com, that is. Although, Catherine also writes for Family Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "our own Catherine Newman" actually brought tears to my eyes. You know how I love bittersweet--so thank you for that.

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete