Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Dear _______



Dear In-Laws' Neighbor,

Please pick the gorgeous tangerines you have growing in your backyard. Do you know what those would be worth up North? Stop letting them fall to the ground and rot!



***

Dear In-Laws,

Thank you for hosting us for a week, and for sharing the bounty of your yard with us. We enjoyed the pineapple (the cactus fruit not so much). Maybe next time I'll take an aloe plant transplant home with me.







***

Dear Children,

Thank you for being such good travelers and such well-behaved visitors, even though two of you were suffering from some sort of stomach virus. I'm sure Grandpa forgives you for vomiting in his car and for leaving him with mounds of extra-stinky trash.

***

Dear Lady on the Plane,

Way to cough and hack and cough our entire flight and not cover your mouth. Even my almost-three-year old knows to cough into his elbow. I blame you for my children getting sick. Not because I have any proof, but because I feel like it.

***

Dear US Airways,

I know times are hard, but requiring your passengers to PAY ADDITIONAL MONEY for water, coffee, tea, or juice? Really? How are we supposed to distract children on the plane without plastic cups, ice, and little bags of pretzels? Also, shilling for MasterCard during the flight is just embarrassing, and I guarantee the flight attendants hate doing it.

***

Dear Lowry Park Zoo,

Thanks (?) for letting our children feed your animals. It seemed a bit dangerous to me, but they were fine.





***

Dear Allergy Mom and Allergic Kid,

Thank you so much for hosting us at the zoo. It was lovely to meet you both!

***

Dear Helen,

I realize you are learning to walk, but please stop hitting your head on sharp furniture corners. Mama's heart can't take it.

10 comments:

  1. Your trip sounds like it was fun (minus the barfing, of course!). I wish I had fruit like that in my backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a plum tree, and after a while we just get tired of plums all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! Ooo! Look at the pineapple! And look at the tangerines! How exciting!

    Yes, yes. I have no life. Also, I remember my little sister learning to walk and all the bumps and bruises she got. :) Here's to hoping Helen grows out of it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why can't adults take common infection control measures? Like you said, kids learn them at an early age! Hope everyone is healing up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a Florida vacation at the Grandparents', too! Their backyard included bananas, naval oranges, and grapefruits. I'm a little jealous about the pineapples!

    We flew down United and had the same fees and credit card promotions. Luckily, I'd bought some water at the terminal because I was NOT paying $2 for any beverages or $4 for snacks! After we'd already forked out $15 to check a bag... Southwest was the airline of choice for the return flight home and they were GREAT! No fees for anything except fare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so badly want to grow fruit trees, but the soil (not the climate) here won't allow. Boo! And yes, adults need to follow simple courtesies like coughing into their elbow. Nothing like having a sick patient cough right in your face- happens all the freakin' time and then they get mad when we ask them to wear a mask!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christina--We're trying to convince Scott's parents to grow bananas (and mail them to us).

    YES! The checked baggage charge, too! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a nice trip!! The fruit looks lovely. All I see from my window is rotting pumpkins in my garden (definitely not a yummy pic). Sorry about the illness that was and the illness that is to come (thanks to rude coughing lady). Just think, in 6 more months we'll have nice weather too (ugh!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for being such a good sport!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny. Yuck for that hacking lady on the plane. And yes, the extra fees are out of control at the airlines. It's worse b/c the flight prices are going up, not down.

    ReplyDelete