Monday, April 21, 2008

Buy This Book


People often ask me what resources I recommend to learn more about food allergies. Of course I mention the many wonderful online resources, but for a print one, I recommend Food Allergies for Dummies. Not because I think the people asking are dummies, of course, but because it is such a great starting point for anyone who wants to learn more about food allergies. The author, Dr. Robert Wood, has a food allergy himself, so he knows of what he speaks. The text is very accessible, and it is full of information about and reviews of other food allergy books and websites.

I recommend Food Allergies for Dummies to teachers, childcare providers, and parents of allergic children or just-diagnosed individuals who are learning about food allergies for the first time. I also think this is a great book if, say, your child's friend or classmate has a food allergy and you want to learn a little about it without delving into complex medical texts.

Food Allergies for Dummies, Robert Wood, M.D. and Joe Kraynak. $13.39 on Amazon.com.

[Written for Go Dairy Free.]

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post!
    I loved this post and this blog.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete