Thursday, December 03, 2009

Filled with holiday...something

I think I am almost recovered from our Thanksgiving. I can see the bottom of the laundry pile, anyway. The highlight of the day for me was getting a picture taken of our family with ALL of our children's grandparents, aunts, and uncles. *sniff*

I ran around with a very cute little girl in tow this morning while the two big kids were in school. And yes, that was me singing along to "Midnight Train to Georgia" in the store. I was just so happy not to be listening to "Same Old Lang Syne" (Shut it, Dan Fogelberg.) or "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer."

We made Christmas card photo prints (What score does our photo get, Swistle? It features all of us AND Mr. McFeely!), paid bills, went grocery shopping, and fixed the rear-view mirror on the van. Again. I made the mistake of buying Krazy Glue ("Bonds to glass! Plastic! Metal! Plywood! Drywall! Polyester! Skin! DO NOT USE FOR REAR-VIEW MIRRORS.") and then bought regular Super Glue, which didn't work, and ended up using the Super Glue gel we already owned. Maybe I should send someone a glue care package....

Boy, am I cheery. Here, go cry over Beck's much more appropriate Christmas post.

7 comments:

  1. Mr. McFeely?? THE Mr. McFeely is in your Christmas photo? What is that, like +100?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh can't wait to see the card! I addressed and wrote ours out last night. Just waiting on Johnny's photoshop skillz for the photo to include.

    It's snowwwing outside, our first of the year! Big, fluffy flakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mr. McFeely, yes. It was a Polaroid photo given to us at WQED, so I scanned it at the store today to make copies. Now I need to scan it into the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, how can you NOT sing along to Midnight Train to Georgia. It's impossible. Just like you can't help belting out "DO YOU LIKE MAKING LOVE AT MIDNIGHT" during the Pina Colada song. Or maybe that's just me. (And of course, no mother could possibly actually like making love at midnight. If they do I don't want to know.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol. Oh well. Seems like food allergies is becoming almost like a fad. In a way it brings attention to a critical issue, but in another way, it decreases the seriousness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *laughs* i totally teared up over beck's post just moments ago. And I sing in public all the time... are we not supposed to do that? LOL

    P.S.- my word verification word is "sings" pretty nifty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Show off that card, yo!

    ReplyDelete