Monday, May 19, 2008

Breads From Anna Piecrust Mix



Breads From Anna Piecrust Mix

Gluten and Yeast Free
Corn, Dairy, Soy, and Rice Free

Ingredients: Tapioca Flour, arrowroot, millet, maple sugar, potato starch, Montina(TM) (perennial bunch grass, achnatherum hymonodies), chick pea flour, navy bean flour, pinto bean flour, salt, xanthan gum, cream of tartar, baking soda.

I made our piecrust with plain soy milk, apple cider vinegar, and canola oil. The directions on the package didn't have all of the baking information I needed to make a fruit pie, so I went to their website for additional baking tips.

The crust was very easy to mix up and roll out, even for me, the non-baker in the family. Because of its crumbly consistency, it was a bit tricky to place in the pie pan, and it did crack during baking. (See photo.) One thing I appreciated about this gluten-free piecrust is that it wasn't sweet, so it could be used for savory pies as well as dessert pies. However, most tasters didn't like the bitter aftertaste of the crust.

www.glutenevolution.com
Breads From Anna Piecrust Mix
$4.35/package

This review is for Go Dairy Free.

3 comments:

  1. You are always making me hungry....now for pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific review!
    I have a different pie crust mix in my cupboard right now - I was thinking about making gf buttertarts tonight for my little bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops--Sorry, Saly. And happy vacation!

    Beck--Mmm...buttertarts....

    ReplyDelete