- I like cats, but Katherine and I are horribly allergic to them.
- Our neighbor puts out tons of birdseed and corn and peanuts every season but winter.
- This food attracts birds and squirrels and rabbits and voles and various other critters, who all poo in our yard/on our swingset.
- There are several feral cats in our neighborhood.
- Some of them are quite scary.
- One beautiful, sweet, collarless tabby cat really likes our house.
- He/she hangs out on our back deck and front porch a LOT.
What do I do? Put out cat food and water? Will all of the scary, nasty cats come, too?
What about... litterbox issues? What if it belongs to someone else? (I think the chances are slim, but still.)
Next time, we can talk about keeping a hawk as an outdoor pet. That's right, so many critters came to my neighbor's yard last summer that we had a HAWK as a regular fixture on our swingset.