Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Kale Chips

This recipe was in our local paper a couple weeks ago. We've made it twice, and Katherine loves it. The other kids? Not so much. Scott and I think it tastes like dried seaweed. In the best possible way.

Kale Chips

1 T. apple cider vinegar
3 T. olive oil
salt*
2 bunches of kale, washed, with stems removed

Cut kale into 2 to 3-inch pieces. Mix vinegar, oil, and salt in a large bowl. Add the kale and mix by hand. Place in a single layer on baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees for twenty minutes or until the kale is crispy. Cool and eat. (Scott and I crumble them up on top of rice.)

*The original recipe calls for 1-2 tablespoons of Celtic sea salt, which I do not own. I started with 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt, and they were WAY too salty--even for me. I would recommend starting with 1 to 2 teaspoons of kosher or sea salt and then seeing what you think. You can always add more salt when they're done cooking.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder what it would be like with balsamic vinegar. I have to say, I have never once thought of making kale chips, but I'm a big fan of salty things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once in awhile I will lick my finger, stick it into the sea salt jar, and then suck the salt granules off my finger. And by "once in awhile" I mean "three times tonight."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    im a salt junky :) so its a great recipe for me!!! i love green stuf with salt... so this sounds like something that will become my new best friend :P thanksssss

    ReplyDelete