Monday, June 09, 2008

Help

I'm ill and also fresh out of inspiration. Please take a moment out of your busy end of school/ beginning of summer schedules and give me a topic or ask me a question. Or just say "hi." Whatever. I'm miserable, and I need some distractions. Is that pitiful enough?

Here's a reposting of Rhubarb Dump Cake to enjoy.



Rhubarb Dump Cake

2 cups rhubarb, chopped
1 package (4-serving size) raspberry gelatin
1 package yellow, dairy-free cake mix
1/2 cup dairy-free margarine, melted
1 cup water

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 inch pan. Spread the rhubarb in the pan. Sprinkle the gelatin on top of the rhubarb and the cake mix on top of the gelatin. Pour the margarine over the cake mix and the water over the margarine. Bake for 40-45 minutes.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon.

    I was looking for dairy-free chocolate at the store the other day. Normally I just buy the Kosher chocolate, but they were out. Ghirardelli's semi-sweet chips were listed as "processed on same equipment" as dairy while the exact same chocolate in a bar contained milk fat. Their 60% cacao chips contained milk fat, while the bar was listed as "processed on same equipment." So the two are not only different between bar/chip forms, but they are the exact opposite. How annoying!

    I was going to write something about this myself, but maybe you have some more intelligent comments and suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MBM--Oh, that reminds me that I wanted to write about Food Club adding dairy to their chocolate chips. Confusing chocolate labels entry coming up! I mean, the *chocolate* is confusing, not the writing. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dump cake looks yummy! I stumped on questions or topics for ya. But hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhubarb seems so weird to me--freaks me right out, I don't know why.

    I'm sorry you are ill. Hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. But rhubarb is so good! I bet this recipe would be good with strawberries instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We use the ShopRite semi-sweet chocolate chips at our house.

    Sorry you're dragging, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) I would like to know about your siblings: how many you have, how well you got along growing up, how well you get along now.

    2) And I would like to know how birthdays were celebrated in your childhood home: friend parties, or family? Big get-togethers or just the household? All-out presents or fewer?

    3) And I would like to know some of the names you DIDN'T choose for your children---names that were ALMOST but NOT QUITE right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is your earliest childhood memory?

    ReplyDelete