Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Anniversary

If you get married on a national holiday (like, say, The Fourth of July):
  • It is easy to remember your anniversary
  • You will always have the day off from work
  • There will always be fun events, like fireworks, to attend
  • You will spend the day with family
On the other hand:
  • You will never have a romantic evening out on your actual anniversary
  • You will often spend your anniversary on the road
  • Your traditional anniversary dinner will feature hot dogs and marshmallows
  • You will spend the day with family
So, tonight, Scott and I will enjoy a lovely dinner out before the holiday/family reunion madness begins.

The Wild Rose

Sometimes hidden from me
in daily custom and in trust,
so that I live by you unaware
as by the beating of my heart.

Suddenly you flare in my sight,
a wild rose blooming at the edge
of thicket, grace and light
where yesterday was only shade,

and once again I am blessed, choosing
again what I chose before.

--Wendell Berry

Happy Fourth of July!

Edited to add: We are on our way to Scott's family reunion in Salt Lick, KY. See you all here Tuesday when we return.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Congratulations!
    I am taking a little time to catch up on blogs today... AND I FOUND OUT YOU'RE EXPECTING! Oooo, now you can have fun with baby names ala AlphaDogma and Beck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Hope the reunion goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! My DH's birthday is right around the 4th of July and when he was growing up he thought the fireworks were for his birthday. Enjoy the reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I am tagging you for tha 8 things meme: go here for the low down.

    ReplyDelete