Monday, March 17, 2008

Anyone Else?


Centerpiece by Katherine and Gramma

Happy St. Patrick's Day! We celebrated on Saturday with boiled dinner and green cookies. Mmmm....

I answered some questions that were asked during my maternity leave in the last post, and I didn't mean to leave anyone out. So, any questions you'd like me to answer? Fire away.

I'll get you started with a fun fact. The number one search for this blog is "Star Wars birthday party." True story.



Pistachio Pudding Cookies*

1 cup Bisquick baking mix
1 small package instant pistachio pudding
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients until the dough forms a ball. Shape dough into one-inch balls. Place about two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie with a fork, as you would with peanut butter cookies. Bake until the edges are light brown, about eight minutes. Makes about two dozen cookies.

*Most pudding mixes are dairy free, and so is Bisquick. This recipe is from my junior high home ec. class, although I'm sure you could find a million variations of it online.

[Edited to add: Do NOT use sugar-free pudding mix. Just ask Swistle.]

7 comments:

  1. Well, that might be a GOOD use for pistachio pudding... I made the actual pudding yesterday for the kids and it was not a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to go double-check, but I thought Bisquick "Heart Smart" was dairy-free while regular Bisquick contained dairy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori D--Aw, I *love* pudding. I'm still trying to find a really good dairy-free recipe for it.

    MBM--I think the original Bisquick *used* to have dairy in it, but it doesn't anymore. I know this for sure because I have a box of it in my fridge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pudding mix is dairy-free? I never knew that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HWM - *MOST* pudding mix is dairy free. Some flavors (like cheesecake, for example) are not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha! Yes. It comes out BITTER AS HECK.

    ReplyDelete